NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
NEET 2020 is near. It is time you must start preparing for the final count down. Make sure you are through with the NCERT books. You may also purchase the necessary resources to prepare for the entrance exam.
Since the aim is to clear the competitive entrance exam, you must prepare like an ace to overcome it. Similarly, if you aim to study MBBS abroad, make sure you maintain a good percentile as per your preferred college.
For now, the focus should be to prepare for the upcoming NEET 2020. This is because to study MBBS in Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai or any other part of the country, you must qualify NEET. It can be done if you understand the exam pattern and prepare for it strategically. In the following article, let’s understand how you can do it
NEET 2020 Exam pattern
- Mode, duration, and medium: The NEET 2020 exam is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for 3 hours. It is based on pen and paper format, where the students will be provided with an OMR sheet to mark the answers with a blue or black ballpoint pen. The medium for the exam is Hindi, English, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada and Urdu
- Exam type, no. of questions and sections: The question paper this year will contain 180 Multiple Choice based Questions (MCQs), out of which 45 questions each will be from Chemistry and Physics and 90 questions from Biology (Botany & Zoology). Chemistry and Physics carry 180 marks each whereas, Biology carries 360 marks. The sum of the marks will be 720
- Marking scheme: For every correct answer, the student acquires 4 marks and for an incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted
How to prepare for NEET 2020
- Pay close attention to the basic concepts of 10+2: As the NEET exam is based on science from 10+2, you must pay close attention to basic concepts from NCERT. The additional study material should be subsequent
- Devise various practice papers and NEET mock tests: Once you are through with the concepts, solve different practice papers and NEET mock tests. They will evaluate your performance based on your preparation
- Analyze your strengths and weaknesses: Practicing test and papers will analyze your performance, strengths as well as weaknesses. It enhances your overall performance and sharpens the weak areas
- Assemble and manage your time: Over studying and least studying, both are absurd. Hence, assemble and manage your time appropriately. It is only possible when you stay strict to your time-bound routine; beneficial for the exam as well
- Revise on alternate basis: Daily revisions may pressurize you mentally. You should revise on an alternate basis. It helps you keep track of prepared topics and those which need your attention
If you have plans study MBBS in Bangalore, the procedure for the same may vary as per the preferred college. For more information, contact counsellors at Educon abroad.