Minimum Eligibility to study MBBS abroadEligibility to study MBBS abroad is different in every country. Therefore, before you finalize any country for the admission process, you must read the eligibility criteria first.
In the following article, you will discover the minimum eligibility criteria to study MBBS abroad. It is beneficial as it gives you enough time to arrange the necessary documents required for admission.
The additional documents can be computed depending upon the country.
- Minimum age: To study MBBS abroad, one must be at least 17 years of age. If you are 16 years old when you apply for MBBS abroad but will turn 17 the same year, you can apply for the program
- NEET Score: There is no cut-off to study MBBS abroad. Even if you have just qualified with a minimum NEET Score, you can apply for MBBS abroad. There are a few countries that have set the cut-off for NEET score; you must check the same before making any final decision
- Merit basis: Apart from the NEET score, merit is also equally important for the eligibility. You must score an aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology for the general category. Whereas, the aggregate for OBC/SC/ST is 40%. Also, countries who don’t require any entrance exam to pursue MBBS, prefer a higher aggregate in PCB
- English is compulsory: To apply for MBBS abroad, the medical aspirant must have studied English in 12th grade. Anyone who hasn’t studied English in 10+2 is not eligible. Moreover, to study and survive in abroad, you must know decent English
Apart from the minimum eligibility to study MBBS abroad, a few other important things you must know when applying for the same are
The Medical Council of India (MCI) has made some amendments to the rules and regulations to study MBBS abroad. According to which,
- NEET score is valid for 3 years only if you apply for MBBS in abroad. For instance, you qualified NEET in 2018. You wanted to try again for a better rank, but unfortunately, you failed. In this case, you can utilize your 2018 NEET score
- If you couldn’t apply for NEET and still wish to study abroad; search for countries where the entrance exam isn’t required. The admission in such countries is purely on merit basis