MBBS Admission Process with admission

MBBS Admission Process

When you clear NEET, the next hurdle you face to get a medical seat is the MBBS Admission Process. It may seem a piece of cake but it isn’t. The reason being it is an aggressive process which needs right guidance and strategy. Any ignorance to it may either land you to a medical college of higher budget or no seat at all. Therefore, when you prepare for NEET, make sure you collect enough information regarding the same.

The admission process helps you understand the working mechanism of this comprehensive process. It gives you time to plan and prepare strategically as per the admission quota for MBBS. But, before you get to the mainland, you must the types of colleges and universities you can apply to. To ease your struggle, Educonabroad has gathered some relevant information about the same

Types of medical colleges and universities

The medical colleges and universities in India are governed/run and follow guidelines by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the Ministry of Human Resource Department (MHRD). They are

  • Government college and universities: The college and universities that are administered by the Central or State government and adhere UGC
  • Private colleges and universities: The colleges and universities that are run and owned privately by a person or an organization are private colleges. They follow guidelines of UGC but have their own courses and degrees and are restricted to on-campus placements  
  • Deemed colleges: These colleges are like that of private ones. They have their own course may provide their degree or affiliated degree from Government college only after guidance from UGC. The difference is that they are governed by MHRD

Understanding admission quota for MBBS Admission Process

Admission Quota

As per the admission quota in MBBS, the medical seats are divided into 15% All India Quota (AIQ) and 85% State Quota. In the following article, let’s understand 15% AIQ

  • 15% seats in all government colleges in India
  • Seats in central deemed colleges
  • Seats in Private deemed colleges

Apart from this 15% AIO quota, every aspirant can apply for the remaining 85% of seats in their resident state (Hometown). If a student surrenders their AIQ for any reason, they can also apply for the 85% State quota. They can also apply for medical seat in an open state. But make sure you check the guidelines for every state before applying as directions may vary from state to state.

When a student can apply to a state even when he/she isn’t a domicile or permanent resident of that state, such state is known as an open state. Karnataka, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, etc. are some of the popular open states among students. They are known for low fee and MBBS course. To apply in open states, you need refined search and planning. You may also read how to apply for NEET Counselling in an open state.

For any personal guidance on how to choose the right college for MBBS, you may contact Educonabroad. For queries related to the admission quota for MBBS or admission drop us a mail at info@educonabroad.com

Leave a Comment