Work Permit For Canada
If you want to study in Canada for a long-term course, you must apply for work permit for Canada. It helps you to manage your living expenses, accommodation, food as well as the fee for the course. For the same reason, you need a valid work permit for Canada. If you have plans to migrate to Canada or study in Canada, read the following article by Educon abroad to know more about it.
Canadian work permit
Work permit for Canada allows you to work within Canada. If you have a job offer from an employer in Canada, you can only apply to a work permit. You can also apply for the same if you are already in Canada. You may read details about it in the article below.
Some of the general eligibility criteria that make you acceptable for the work permit are
- Financial statements of your parents/guardians/self to prove that you can support your expenses and accommodation during your stay in Canada
- Proof that you will come back to your native country as soon as the permit expires
- You must be able to prove that you don’t have any criminal record. A clearance certificate from police is a must
- You must not carry any communicable diseases like HIV, TB, etc.
- Proof that you will not engage in any employment that requires striptease, escort services, erotic massages or dances, etc.
- Not to indulge in employment with an “ineligible” employer on the list of employers
- Make sure you provide all the necessary documents to prove your identity in your home country
Work permit on a student visa
A student visa for Canada makes you eligible to work for only up to 20 hours a week. It allows you to work on-campus or off-campus based on your choice. But for the same, you must apply for student work permit in Canada. The eligibility criteria for the same includes
- A valid study permit to prove that you are a full-time student
- You must study at a designated organization in Canada
- The course must be from a post-secondary level
- Program must award you with a degree, diploma or certificate when you qualify
- Duration of the course must be at least 6 months
To know more about the same, contact counselors at Educon abroad.
Work permit while in Canada
As mentioned above, you must apply for work permit before you enter Canada. But you can also apply for a work permit while you are already in Canada. In such a case, you must be able to fulfil the below-mentioned criteria
- Any of your parent or spouse must have a valid work or study permit
- Must be a temporary resident permit for 6 months or more
- You should be a graduate from a Canadian university, community college or CEGEP (College of General and Vocational Education)
- Ask for refugee status in Canada from the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) of the immigration and Refugee Board of Canada
- You must be a protected person by the RPD
If you comply with the above mentioned basic eligibility criteria, you can apply a work permit for Canada.
For any other queries related to student work permit, feel free to contact Educon abroad. Our counsellors will be glad to assist you. You may call us on +91-8448444235.