How to choose Medical college abroad?
When you talk about Medical College Abroad, it has its benefits like world-class infrastructure, hands-on with the latest technology and equipment, cultural exposure, affordable fee structure, etc.
You can also get benefit only if you choose the right medical college. If you are unaware of how to do it, fret not. Let Educonabroad guide you with the same.
The following 7 crucial tips will help you select the medical college abroad
Whether it is government or not?
- To study the undergraduate MBBS program abroad, you must verify whether the university is government or not. For international students, it is advisable to choose government colleges for MBBS as they are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
Year of establishment
- Before you finalize the university, make sure you check the year of establishment of the college. Try to opt for a college that is 100 years old. It is certainly a recognizable college, offers quality education, and infrastructure, etc. Whereas, a college that is 50 or fewer years old may not offer
- Fraud study MBBS abroad consultants may scam you to get admission into any university. Later, it may come across as a bilingual university. Therefore, research well and be aware of the universities that teach in English. You must complete the research on your end and consult more than one consultant, if necessary
- If you wish to come back to India and practice, you need to give MCI Screening Test. It acts as an entrance exam for the duration you studied MBBS. Therefore, you must qualify for the same. You may opt for colleges that offer MCI coaching to help you prepare for the exam
Direct admission in MBBS
- Also, there are a few countries that don’t offer an undergraduate MBBS program. In such a case, MBBS aspirants must study a pre-med program. It is followed by an entrance exam. If you qualify, you are promoted for the PG course. If not, you can either choose to come back or reappear for the same. As a result, it is suggested that you apply for colleges that offer direct admission in MBBS
Cross-check fee structure from college
- The most common fraud that students are exposed to is the fee structure. There have been cases when tuition fee quoted by the consultant was different from the college’s fee. To overcome the same, cross-check the fee from the college’s website. You may also drop a mail or call them directly for confirmation
Pre-plan Postgraduate (PG) Course
- Another tip to keep in mind is don’t just look for the undergraduate MBBS program. Check the curriculum for the postgraduate program offered by the college. It must include how they teach, what they teach, the faculty, fee structure, etc.
If you need help to choose the right medical college to study MBBS abroad, contact Educon Abroad,your study MBBS abroad consultants.